Thursday 21 June 2012

Here comes the judge...

Hello everyone

Judith's post prompted someone else to get in touch, so step forward Mr Kim Freeman......

Hi Andrew,

Nice to hear from your blog. I've had a few things happening, two magazine pieces and a greetings card.

The greetings card sale came out of the blue from a publisher that specializes in winter scenes of North London, they found my photo on-line and soon after it was in the new 2011/12 line-up. What's interesting is that I took this photo back in the mid 1980's!

BH Life Magazine front cover: I took this photo in 2010 and had it mind for the magazine. I knew the layout of the cover, so I made sure the composition fitted around the text elements. I had to wait a year before the 2011 winter edition but got it to the editor early and she thought it was perfect. Also the magazine was running a photo competition inside and the editor asked me to judge the winner and runners-up.



Life Begins magazine, British wine feature: I had these photos already so when I heard that this article was being published I put them forward to illustrate the story - very pleased they used all five.

I also carry on posting photos to Alamy.

I hope things are okay with you and it's good to hear news from other students.

Kim

Andrew says.....excellent progress Kim. Keep it up and keep us posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment