Wednesday 16 February 2011

Andrew's Working Stories, number 2



Browsing through some property websites, I noticed an unusual property for sale in Hastings. I forwarded the web link to a contact at the Daily Mail and was given the nod to follow it up. I had to go twice actually; the first time I went it was impossibly foggy, so I returned a few days later when the weather was brighter.
I had made contact with the estate agent and arranged to meet them there, where they allowed me to shoot pretty much as I pleased.
It was two weeks before the story was published, on Monday February 7th. At 9.30 that morning, I had a call from ITV who wanted to use a couple of the shots on a programme I’d never heard of, called “This Morning”. I had the odd sensation of emailing the pictures at 09.45 and then seeing Philip Schofield and Holly Willoughby discussing them live on TV less than half an hour later.
Yahoo UK also wanted the picture, for their home page. We are not talking big money for these shots….£60 from Yahoo and £50 per picture from ITV.
Here’s a link to the Daily Mail’s web version of the story, with different pictures used.

No comments:

Post a Comment