Tuesday 10 August 2010

Pecha Kucha presentation!

During the July course, I was attempting to explain to the students the importance of not waffling on when talking about your pictures, especially if you're showing a portfolio to a prospective picture buyer. I illustrated this by giving them a Pecha Kucha* presentation of twenty of my favourite unpublished pictures.
(*In Pecha Kucha, you get to show twenty pictures and talk about each one for a maximum of twenty seconds....not as easy as it sounds)
I admit, I had been preparing this already for a fundraising evening organised by my wife who's off to China in a month (see here to give money), but I realised it was a perfect way to discipline your mind during these stressful occasions (showing a portfolio, not fundraising!).
So, for those on the April course who missed it, and for the benefit of those in July who enjoyed it, here's the YouTube version........


No comments:

Post a Comment