Tuesday 10 August 2010

A few course evaluations from course # 2 (mid-July 2010)

I really enjoyed the course. It was very well structured, challenging, engaging and Andrew was a brilliant teacher. I came home each evening exhausted but full of enthusiasm which is a good thing.
I will definitely recommend this course. It is nice that Andrew is willing to keep in touch with students. I really must make time now to take what I have learned a bit further and try and get something published.
I like the way Andrew made no bones about the fact that it is a competitive business and that you needed to be determined to succeed....but that we do have the ability. I guess I just need the confidence now!
Maria Gibbs

I enjoyed Andrew's course immensely, and only wish I had booked into the sessions earlier in the year so that I would be ahead of where I am at present. Honest and unambiguous about the business, he not only packed so much in to our 4 days, but also ensured that each student recieved just the right amount of space and focus to experience real personal improvement. Concerned that each student learned something more closely matched to their individual needs. I came away feeling more confident and certain of what I needed to do and that I have something worthwhile and achievable to set out with.
Art Hutchins

I found the course was delivered in a style that made it easy to understand and remember. Having a small group was great as you got more individual attention.
I feel the course was worth every penny. It was relevant, interesting, inspirational, personal and encouraging. I enjoyed that it included practical assignments therefore reinforcing everything I learnt. I just love the tips that Andrew gave, for example, 1) ‘the shadow’ when taking a portrait: the light behind which is more flattering, taking years off the subject 2) leaning your subject forward to avoid unflattering facial features. I felt that Andrew was very clear, concise and logical in his explanations of the technical aspects.
Andrew’s comments to me on the course have built up my confidence and provided me with the knowledge and skills I needed to think about taking my hobby to another level. In particular when taking a shot to really think about whether and how the photo would sell. Furthermore, it has given me food for thought in which direction to go with my photography.
I genuinely enjoyed the course and felt like I learnt a lot. Thank you very much indeed!
Harvinder Kaur

Eu so tenho a agradecer pela oportunidade que tive de aprender e conhecer o trabalho de fotografo free-lancer na Inglaterra*
*I am thankful for the opportunity I had to learn and know the work of a freelance photographer in England (with thanks to Google Translator and their Portuguese department).
Guilherme Augusto de Almeida

I came on the course to get a sense of whether it was possible to make a living from photography. Andrew made the pros and cons very clear for me.
Andrew's positive and practical way of teaching left me feeling that it is possible with lots of hard work and determination and that sometime in the future I could work and call myself a professional photographer. I was pleased with his honest approach towards the business, despite it being a little scary at times.
Kim Freeman

No comments:

Post a Comment