Monday 9 August 2010

Nigel's first picture sale.....May 6th 2010


Andrew,

Have made a first picture sale! Agreed to sell outright the picture of Paul Tapner doing his lap of honour for £110. (I thought it was a pretty average photo!) I was offered £50 initially, but returned with £125. He moved to £100 and agreed to meet at £110.

Maybe the picture was worth more, who knows, but at least have £110 in the bank (they fired off an automated payment immediately).

Also spoke to the woman at the hat company who sponsor Paul Tapner and she is reverting to her clients (she also deals with other riders who use their hats). Interesting she was not interested in the picture I sold as they only want pictures of Cross Country eventers wearing their hats, not Show Jumping.

Both companies obviously thought I had been taking equestrian photographs for a long time and asked where I was going next and to show them any good photos of their sponsored riders.

A result!

Nigel Goddard.

PS. I owe you a beer (or two)!

No comments:

Post a Comment