Tuesday 27 November 2012

Film Stills

A freelance needs to keep his or her net cast as wide as possible these days. I am a great believer in this.

So I recently decided to dip my toes into the world of film and video. I have owned a Nikon D300s for a while now and I figured it was about time I actually learned how to use the video facility.

I made a few test films and, on the strength of those, I got an assignment from Ardingly College, for whom I do quite a bit of photography. They wanted a film concentrating on the school's hockey department, which would hopefully entice a few students to take up the sport and even come from abroad to study and join the team.

It worked, and the school decided to commission another, more wide-ranging, film, this time showing other aspects of the sporting curriculum.

If you decide to give it a go, get yourself really, really familiar with some editing software. I used Adobe Premiere Pro and loved it.

Here is the second film......


1 comment:

  1. The film looks (and sounds!) fantastic Andrew. If you ever need a voiceover for a project, you know where to find me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete