Thursday 19 August 2010

Latest News From Kim Freeman

Hi Andrew.
Wanted to let you know that I have decided to make a career of my photography and have invested in some pro-equipment.
Now the hard part, sending out letters, calling people and in your wise words 'lots of practice'.
I have made a couple of direct pictures sales in the last few weeks. I must be putting out positive thoughts because in both cases I got emails out of the blue asking to buy them. I have attached the two pictures. The top one is the Kingsland Basin on the Regents Canal in Hackney, London E8 and is being used in a property brochure. The bottom one is Boscombe Cliff Bowls Club and is being used on a website as part of a Flash presentation.
I only got a small amount of money for each, but I'm pleased.

I hope you're okay. Thanks for posting the smashing picture of the class. Hello everyone.

Kim Freeman


Teacher replies: Well done, Kim, and thanks for staying in touch and keeping us all informed. Nice pictures and well done for having the front to offer them up for sale. At this stage in your career, sold is better than not sold, so the price is fairly irrelevant. Later on, it will become more important in more ways than one.
By the way, who did you sell the pictures to and how did you do it?
Best wishes, Andrew.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Kingsland Basin was found via geograph.org.uk a project to photograph every grid square of the UK. You can see others of mine at: http://www.geograph.org.uk/profile/46676
    I'm hoping to get a copy of the printed brochure.

    The bowls came via Flickr and only a name credit was offered initially, but ended up getting payment and a credit. That's going to be used on www.worthingbowlscentre.co.uk which I believe will be up and running in the next couple of weeks.
    Regards Kim

    ReplyDelete